Wednesday, August 19, 2026

My Comics.

 Well, now - I guess I'm still here. To that end, I guess that I should keep a list of my (way-too-many) ongoing comics. The ones in this list aren't ALLLLL of them (because I am too lazy to look them all up. AGAIN.) but at least the most important ones.

XAILENRATH COMICS PRESENTS is a repository of many of my past comics that didn't quite work. An anthology of failure, but it holds a solid chunk of my creative past. Within the pages of XCP are some of my semiautobiographical comics such as "Shrimp Fried Riot", "My Own Personal Apocalypse" and others. It's probably best to read them through linearly in lieu of piecemeal, so, go here:

SHRIMP FRIED RIOT. TheDuckWebcomics' version. Just about every permutation with commentary from the original SFR to the current version and the story behind how I got from one to the other.

Not too long ago, I had decided to take most, if not all of my gag-a-day/slice of life type comics and fold them into one reality. That yielded TALES FROM SAINT MURPHY. St. Murphy is located where St. Ann, MO would be in the real world... because I used to live there. This comic contains past (failed) attempts at comics, such as "Rose-Tinted World", "Tales From the Spiffee Burger", "Cat & Mouse", "Marshmallow Peeps" and more.

Also taking place in St. Murphy is "SOLID CITIZENS", or, The Comic formerly Known as "Wonderland Hates You", where a trio of beatnik throwback urban vigilantes keep St. Murphy safe from the things that go bump in the night - and vice versa.

\My last current St. Murphy comic is NEVER ODD OR EVEN. It WAS the sory of a pair of identical twins on a post-High School road trip to nowhere... but that pair of twins' plans were derailed in the pages of Solid Citizens when they ran afoul of a certain vmpire. Now (or, rather starting September 1st of this year, the story shifts to a different pair of identicl twins!

For my superheroic contributions:

There's POSTHUMAN CONDITION, which is basically the superhero version og Xailenrath Comics Presents, thus, an anthology of SUPER-failure.

S.C.A.R.R.ed FOR LIFE: the story of a villain organization started as a crowdfunding project by a graduate of a mad science school.

POWERTRIP: Your basic super-teens in a school story where the supers aren't studying to be heroes or villains - because putting on tights and flying face-first into  mortal danger is dumb and superheroes in this world are fictional, despite so many rel-life superhumans.

ZED VS. THE WORLD: The adventures of Zed Hudson, a superpowered twenty-year-old from a superheroic legacy who wants no part of that nonsense. He just wants to help people when he can, on his own terms, get free coffee and maybe a date.

and lastly, my most 'serious' super-comic: I.W.A.T.S.V., which stands for "I Was A Teenage Super Villain". - Pretttymuch just what it says on the tin.


I, of course, have many more comics scattered round the 'net from the last 27 years or so, but they're not important just now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog